6 Best Cities For Buying a Home in Connecticut
When you’re looking into buying a home in Connecticut, it can be hard to know where to start. Connecticut has many great towns and cities, from large urban centers to quiet small communities. If you’re looking to purchase a property in Connecticut, why not try one of these 6 cities:
- North Haven. This cozy community in New Haven County is well-known for being located near Yale University. Just ten minutes away from New Haven, North Haven offers reasonably-priced first or second homes in Connecticut.
- Rocky Hill. Rocky Hill is located near Hartford, and is considered a “bedroom community” for the city. Nonetheless, it has a charm of its own: in addition to being voted #1 Sportstown by Sports Illustrated, it’s also home to a large North American dinosaur track site.
- Somers. Located in northern Connecticut, Somers is a great place for buying a home. In addition to the great community atmosphere, a high number of foreclosures on nice homes means you may be able to purchase a nice home for less money.
- Cheshire. Nestled between other major cities in Connecticut like Hartford and New Haven, Cheshire is a fantastic place for buying a home. Although it tends to be slightly pricier than some other neighborhoods, its convenient location more than makes up for the price difference.
- Stamford. As the eighth largest city in New England and part of the Greater New York metropolitan area, Stamford has a lot to live up to. Luckily, the city delivers with its cultural activities, dining and shopping options and public transportation. Home prices are fairly low for a major city, making Stamford an excellent choice for buying a home.
- West Hartford. The darling of top ten lists, West Hartford has been featured everywhere from CNN Money to Kiplinger’s. Known for its cool restaurants and fun shopping, West Hartford can be a solid option when you’re looking for a new home.
Connecticut can be a great state for work and play. Next time you’re buying a home, consider looking at properties in these areas to find fantastic deals on wonderful homes.