Selling a Home in Spring
Spring is “home buying season,” so if you’re selling a home, you need to be ready for an influx of potential buyers. Thousands of families across the country take to the streets each spring in search of their dream home. If you’ve been thinking about selling a home this spring, here are a few tips to help it sell quickly (and for more money):
- Focus on landscaping. A freshly-mown green lawn and bright flowers will help make your home look appealing to potential buyers. Pink and yellow flowers are particularly appealing in early spring when people are eager to ditch the bland grays and browns of winter. If it’s not warm enough to plant flowers in the ground, consider adding a few large pots with flowers to your porch.
- Do some spring cleaning. If you’re selling a home, chances are you’re planning on moving soon anyway. Pack up your family heirlooms and photos, and start getting the home ready to display. Polish the floors and windows to give them some sparkle, and put up a fresh coat of paint if your home needs it.
- Hold an open house. Spring is a great season to hold an open house. The nice weather brings in more potential buyers, and the extra light in the afternoon can help your home look bright and airy.
- Get a great real estate agent. A local real estate agent can help you sell your home quickly, particularly during the spring. They can list your home on the MLS, so more potential buyers will see it. A good real estate agent also knows all the tricks of the trade when it comes to buying and selling a home.
- Get ready for rain. Whether you’re having an open house or you plan to give tours, make sure you’re ready for inclement weather. An umbrella stand and a small rug to wipe off shoes are small touches that your potential buyers – and your nice clean home – will appreciate.
- Check out the neighborhood. Look around your neighborhood to determine how many other houses are for sale. Figuring out how much they’re selling for can help you determine how you should price your own home.
Spring is a great season for selling. Because more buyers are looking for homes, your chances of finding a buyer quickly (and making more money) increase dramatically. You’re sure to sell quickly if you follow these simple tips for selling a home in the spring.