Selling a home in San Diego can be a daunting task – from open houses to closing costs, there are a lot of things to consider. However, if you stay organized and keep a few simple tips in mind, selling a home can be exciting and even fun. If you’re considering selling in San Diego, here are a few things to keep in mind:
1. Get a real estate agent. Although you may want to save a few bucks by skipping out on a real estate agent, you’ll ultimately make more with an agent than without one. Real estate agents can amp up your home selling process, keeping your house from sitting on the market for months without a single offer.
2. Round up important dates. When was the roof last replaced? Did the basement undergo a major overhaul? These are all things you should know. You should be prepared for buyers to grill you on every aspect of the home. Making a fact sheet can help you stay organized and distribute information as it’s needed.
3. Consider your asking price. Determining your property value can be the hardest part of a sale. Research how much similar homes in your neighborhood are selling for, and work around that. You don’t want to ask for too much (or too little) compared to other homes in the neighborhood.
4. Make strategic improvements. Upgrading lighting fixtures or painting the bright blue bedroom may be just what your home needs to sell quickly. Don’t lose a potential buyer just because you have outdated track lighting in the living room.
5. Stage your home. Once you’ve decided to put your home on the market, you should always keep it ready to show. Get rid of family heirlooms, and always keep your home spotless. Strategically removing furniture can make your home look spacious and open.
6. Hold an open house. If you’re working with a real estate agent, chances are they’ll want to hold an open house. Open houses can be a great way to show your home to lots of people at once. Consider having a pre-open house just for neighbors to cut down on the amount of “looky-loos” you get on the big day.
Selling a home doesn’t have to be an arduous task. By keeping a few simple things in mind, you can make the selling process easier and more efficient.