45 Things Real Estate Pros Should Be Grateful For
How many things do we have to be grateful for?
It’s summer, and you probably had a great 4th of July weekend. The masses probably spent their time with friends and family around a fire-pit or BBQ. However, there are so many more things to be thankful for as a real estate investor.
Whether you are just starting out, or even thinking about starting out in real estate, there is plenty to be thankful for. Sometimes we just forget the things we have to be happy about, but there are so many, that if we remember them, it’s really hard to be too unhappy. That’s important for keeping the right perspective, for continuing to gain traction and push progress, and to pass on. Don’t push off happiness or gratitude until you have ‘x’ money in the bank, or you’ve done ‘y’ number of deals. Keep pushing towards your goals through real estate, but don’t forget to enjoy the journey.
Here are just 45 of the awesome things we have to be grateful for:
- The freedom to buy and own real estate
- The ability to learn how to invest in real estate
- The right to vote
- All of the people working and risking their lives for our freedom
- Access to books, history, and time to learn
- Our individual talents and skill sets
- The ability to choose career paths, jobs, and how we earn and provide
- Affordable housing
- An environment that has no barriers if you work hard
- Laws protecting land owner rights, tenants, and landlords
- Easy access to financial leverage
- Freedom to travel
- Access to great healthcare services
- Our families
- Co-workers and staff
- The internet
- Inexpensive phone, internet, and other connection tools
- Those willing to invest their time in teaching and training others about real estate
- Self-directed IRAs
- Ability to connect via Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Google+
- The freedom to write and publish
- Health and the ability to explore our communities
- Our high level of safety
- American innovation in building, architecture, sustainable living
- Those that care enough to make homes greener and safer
- Great weather
- Productivity boosting apps
- Money in the bank, no matter how little it is
- Equity in real estate
- Online shopping
- Clean water
- Heat, air conditioning, warm water
- Mobile phones
- Being able to learn from other people’s mistakes
- Google Adwords
- Outdoor advertising
- Real estate blogging
- The ability to speak and share
- Being able to help others and give
This is just the tip of the iceberg. You probably have several hundred more to add to this list right now, if you take a few minutes to think about it.
One of the most powerful things real estate pros can do to drive more personal success and bring more joy to those around them is to practice gratitude every day. Hyper-successful real estate leaders do this as a part of their daily routine. You can do it in the morning, at night, or both. You can do it walking, running, practicing yoga, in the gym, at your desk, on the plane, in traffic, or in bed. Find ten things to be grateful for each day and you’ll find that your perspective changes. Feel free to borrow from the above list if you ever need to grab some to change your mood fast.
So what are you grateful for today? What have we missed? How will you put gratitude to work in your real estate endeavors? What has it done for you already?